COMPANY NEWS Normet's global expansion recognized Feb 2012
Normet News Release
- Tunnelling and underground services and equipment manufacturer Normet has won the Finnish Internationalisation Award.
- The company - which is based in Finland - picked up the award from the country's President, Tarja Halonen, at a special ceremony in Helsinki.
Normet wins Internationalisation Award
- The accolade is made annually to a company or community that has been successful in the international market, has been growing profitably, has developed Finnish expertise and operates in an environmentally sustainable manner. This year, particular emphasis was placed on an innovative operating model and developing new kinds of products.
- Normet specialises in underground mining and tunnelling processes, but during the past five years it has developed from a traditional equipment manufacturer to a fast growing global service provider.
- Chairman Aaro Cantell said: "Five years ago, we realised that the best way for us to grow and develop would be to move closer to our customers and offer more support, service and solutions for the processes where our equipment is actually used. For this to be possible, we had to establish our own global sales and service network."
- The change in emphasis has contributed to Normet recording year on year growth of approximately 30%.
- Normet President Tom Melbye said: "Already 95% of Normet's sales are generated outside Finland. With our own network of 28 locations covering all continents, manufacturing facilities in three countries and about half of our 700 employees working abroad, we are truly an international company."
Normet acquires Esswerk Berg - TunnelTalk, August 2011
Normet expands its Mexico operations - TunnelTalk, November 2011
Normet and TAM form global partnership - TunnelTalk, April 2010
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.