COMPANY NEWS Normet expands its Mexico operations Nov 2011
Normet News Release
- Tunnel services and equipment manufacturer Normet is expanding its operations in the growing Mexico market.
Normet is expanding
- The Finnish company, which generates 100 million euros of sales each year, is establishing its own sales and customer support company in Zacatecas state and expects the new entity to be fully operational by March 2012.
- Until now Normet has been represented in Mexico by Minas y Tuneles, and the new company will continue to work closely with that organisation.
- Tom Melbye, President of Normet Group and Managing Director of Normet International, said: "It seems obvious to have our own company for the sales and support of our Normet and Semmco line equipment in Mexico, which is one of the main mining countries in the world."
- Americas Vice President Mike Rispin said: "Mining and tunnelling markets in Mexico are growing and with our own entity we can also grow Normet equipment business in Mexico. We are going to have our own sales personnel for equipment and spare parts together with technical support and service personnel to support our existing and new customers."
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.