TBM RECORDER Terratec rolls out final TBMs for Delhi metro 22 Jan 2014
Terratec News Release
- The last two of eight machines supplied by Terratec for Delhi Metro Phase III are expected to launch for the HCC (India)/Samsung (Korea) JV next month (February 2014).
Terratec 6.52m EPBM for Delhi metro Phase III
- The TBMs were officially unveiled at a factory ceremony in November (2013), and following transportation to the jobsite will be used by the contractor JV for the excavation of part of the tunnelling works of the CC-34 contract; in particular the tunnels between Dashrathpuri and Palam Stations and the ones between Janakpuri West Street and the beginning of the cut-and-cover section from where the Delhi Metro Phase IV operations may start following completion of the current Phase III.
- The TBMs will drive through typical Delhi soil, comprising silt, sand and clay. For this the JV selected a 6.52m diameter EPBM equipped with a spoke-type cutterhead with a 57% opening ratio. The machines enable change out of cutting tools to 17in roller disc cutters that will enable them to bore through D-walls and cope with the presence of any unexpected obstacles such as old wells or foundations. Each machine will drive approximately 1,900m. Once launched, there will be a total of eight Terratec TBMs simultaneously excavating in Delhi throughout all of 2014 and part of 2015.
- Following successful completion of the factory acceptance tests, Terratec delivers the sixth of eight TBMs for Delhi Metro Phase III. Representatives from the contractor joint venture that procured the latest machine, J Kumar Infraprojects Ltd of India (JKI) and the China Railway Third Group (CRTG) of China, attended the event.
6.61m diameter machine for Delhi metro completes factory testing
- The 6.61m diameter EPBM is identical to the machine delivered earlier this year, and features a versatile cutterhead design that will enable it to change out soft ground cutting tools for 17in heavy duty disk cutters designed to deal with mixed rock strata that may include quartzite with a compressive strength of up to 150MPa.
- Factory testing completes delivery by Terratec of four TBMs for the JKI/CRTG JV, which is executing twin running tunnels under contracts CC24 (Lajpat Nagar - Hazrat Nizamuddin stations) and CC20 (tunnels associated with Naraina Vihar Station) for Line 7 of the Mukundpur - Yamuna Vihar corridor.
- Terratec has already delivered two TBMs, both currently in the ground, to the Metrostroy/ERA JV for excavation of contract CC07 (Jama Masjid - Kashmere Gate). The manufacturer is also finalising production of a further two machines for contract CC34 (Janakpuri West - Palam), which is being executed by the HCC/Samsung JV. Delivery of these machines will bring the total number of machines supplied by Terratec for the Delhi Metro Phase III expansion to eight, more than any other TBM manufacturer.
Terratec rolls out Delhi metro TBMs - TunnelTalk, December 2012
Terratec unveils third TBM for Delhi metro - TunnelTalk, February 2013
Terratec delivers for the Bangkok Metro Blue Line Extension - TunnelTalk, eptember 2012
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.
Sixth machine completes factory testing 15 Oct 2013
Terratec News Release