COMPANY NEWS CSO mega-project prompts St Louis expansion 4 Mar 2014
- Engineering design and construction management consultant Jacobs Associates expands its Midwest operations in the USA with the opening of a new office in St Louis, Missouri.
St Louis Long Term Control Plan includes three CSO tunnels
- The move will enable the firm to provide services more efficiently to clients requiring tunneling and underground expertise throughout the central United States area, and especially in St Louis itself where the firm is working with the Metropolitan Sewer District to help deliver a billion dollar CSO storage tunnel program.
- The office is headed up by recently-appointed Senior Associate Wayne Lindsay, who joined the firm in December 2013. Lindsay has been in the consulting industry for more than 25 years, with a focus on water and wastewater infrastructure projects.
- This St Louis office is Jacobs Associates' second to open in the Midwest; the other, in Cleveland, Ohio, opened in 2012. The firm has been active in the area since the 1970s when it provided services for the Metropolitan Sanitary District of Greater Chicago on its Tunnel and Reservoir Plan (TARP).
Wayne Lindsay to head up new office
- More recently, in the last two years, Jacobs Associates has worked on Metropolitan St Louis Sewer District's Long Term Control Plan Combined Sewer Overflows (CSO) Program. The project will involve construction of a 9-mile x 28ft storage tunnel to relieve combined overflows into the Lower and Middle River Des Peres in St Louis; at a later stage design is expected to begin on two shorter storage tunnels to relieve overflows into the Upper Des Peres and the Des Peres Tributaries.
- Other recently completed Midwest work for Jacobs Associates includes design of an underground pedestrian tunnel at the Ravinia Festival Park in Highland Park, Illinois; construction phase engineering services for the Pearl River CSO Tunnel in Lafayette, Indiana; and peer review services for the Black River Tunnel in Lorain, Ohio.
- Currently, Jacobs Associates is part of teams that are providing planning and preliminary design support services on the Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District's CSO program in Cleveland, and final design services for the City of Akron's Ohio Canal Interceptor CSO Tunnel Project.
Green surge threatens CSO storage solution - TunnelTalk, June 2013
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.