TBM RECORDER Mega-TBM order is NFM's biggest ever Jan 2013
NFM News Release
- French TBM manufacturer NFM Technologies is selected to build the giant 15.08m diameter machine that will excavate two parallel road tunnels for Italian contractor CMC di Ravenna.
New TBM will be bigger than Seville machines (above)
- The TBM, which will excavate the tunnels as part of a wider motorway upgrade and widening scheme for a 31.2km stretch of the SS640 between Agrigento and Caltanissetta in Sicily, Italy, will be the largest ever manufactured in France.
- CMC di Ravenna, in joint venture with Tecnis, is completing the €392 million construction project for Anas SpA, the Italian Government-owned company responsible for maintenance of the country's motorways and state highways.
- The order includes the design, manufacture and on-site assembly of the 3,200-tonne TBM, with delivery scheduled for the autumn (2013). The mega-TBM, which will be manufactured at NFM's factory in Le Creusot, will excavate two tunnels, each with a length of 3.9km. The company's previous largest machines are a pair of 14m diameter EPBMs for the Guadalquivir River crossings of the new 78km long SE-40 ring-road around the city of Seville, Spain.
- NFM is also selected by another Italian contractor, Astaldi, to manufacture an EPBM for excavation of another extension to the Bucharest metro in Romania. The machine, with a diameter of 6.6m, will excavate four tubes each with a length of 500m. The tunnels will be located to the north-west of the city, on line 4.
NFM to build EPBM for Moscow metro - TunnelTalk, June 2012
First of two NFM mega EPBMs ready for Spain - TunnelTalk, November 2011
Tracking the world's mega-TBMs - TunnelTalk,
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.