NEW PRODUCTS AND INNOVATIONS All-in-one hydrodemolition solution Sep 2012
Aquajet Systems News Release
- A new generation of containerised, high-pressure power packs designed to meet the ever-more-challenging noise reduction requirements demanded by clients is released to market by Swedish hydrodemolition specialist manufacturer Aquajet Systems.
- The new "one container for all" versions, designated Power Pack 400, Power Pack 400 Ecosilence, Power Pack 700 and Power Pack 700 Ecosilence, are housed in a rigid 23ft container equipped with a "roll off" frame for easy on/off truck loading and transportation.
The powers packs feature the following benefits for hydrodemolition contractors:
• Only one container for all, meaning short mobilisation and demobilisation times
• Space within for the hydrodemolition robot and its accessories for easy and safe storage and transportation
• Short set-up time
• Only fuel and a water supply are required to operate
• Self-contained: no external electricity supply is required
• Minimum space required at the site.
- The new Ecosilence versions feature acoustic surface treatment, thick sound absorbing insulation and seals for doors and hatches; all contributing to reduce noise levels to less than half that of conventional power packs - meeting an average 57.5dB (Power Pack 400 Ecosilence) noise output.
Hydrodemolition robot storage facility
- Both versions of the top-of-the-range Power Pack 700 feature a working pressure of up to 1,000 bar (14,500psi) with a power input of 473kW (645hp). The Power Pack 400 Ecosilence has a maximum working pressure of 850 bar (12,300psi) and a power input of 276kW (375hp). The standard high pressure Power Pack 400 unit offers an increased maximum working pressure of 1,150 bar (16,700psi).
- The Ecosilence versions also offer the benefit of a substantial reduction in fuel consumption. Its design ensures that just 70 l/h is used when producing a water output of, for example, 185 l/min at 1,000 bar utilising just 73% capacity. Maximum output is 261 l/min at 1,000 bar.
- The power pack's diesel engine and high pressure pump for all versions are assembled complete on a heavy-duty welded steel frame with a built-in 925-litre diesel tank in the Power Pack 700 models, and an 820-litre tank in the Power Pack 400s.
Hydrodemolition duo - TunnelTalk, October 2011
High pressure refurbishment - TunnelTalk, August 2010
CIRIA Report C671: Tunnels: inspection, assessment and maintenance - TunnelTalk, August 2010
BTS Guide to Good Practice: The Management of Hand-Arm Vibration in Tunnelling
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.