COMPANY NEWS Hydro expansion driving sales in Portugal Jun 2012
Cogemacoustic News Release
- Tunnel ventilation and ducting specialist Cogemacoustic is driving sales in Portugal, despite concerns over that country's sovereign debt.
Fan installation at Marão tunnel, Portugal
- The French-based company has delivered 39 ventilation fans to Portugal over the last 18 months, as well as 33km of 700mm-2,600mm diameter ducting for hydro, tunnel and mine projects.
- The largest order is for the supply of 16 supply and extraction fans and 20km of flexible ducting for the almost-entirely underground Venda Nova 3 hydro plant in Vieira de Minho. When complete it will be the largest hydro plant in Portugal (736 MW). The contract to build the plant is awarded to the MSF/ Somague/ Mota-Engil/ Spie Batignolles JV. The Venda Nova project is just one of 11 in EDP's expansive Waterpower Plan.
Fan installation at Venda Nova hydro project
- For the Túnel de Marão project Cogemacoustic has delivered three 250 kW fans and 20km of ducting. The 32km road-widening project, being delivered by the Somague Engenharia/ MSF JV, includes the 5.7km drill+blast bi-directional tunnel at Marão. Once complete this will be the longest road tunnel on the Iberian peninsula.
- On the Salamonde 2 pumped storage plant project, which consists of a central underground cavern, a 4.5km hydraulic tunnel, plus shafts and subsidiary tunnels, Cogemacoustic is supplying six fans up to 315 kW plus 1km of ducting.
- Cogemacoustic is also supplying mining underground works contractor EPOS, which specialises in excavation and preparation of tunnels and galleries, with a further nine 90 kW fans in addition to an earlier order of four 75 kW single stage fans.
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.