COMPANY NEWS TBM giant acquires tunnel vehicle manufacturer Jan 2013
Herrenknecht News Release
- Tunnel supply vehicle manufacturer Techni-Métal Systemes SAS (TMS) is the latest acquisition by German TBM manufacturer Herrenknecht.
TMS manufactures specialist transport vehicles
- TMS of Livron in France designs and produces tired, non rail-bound special vehicles used on tunnel construction sites to transport personnel, lining segments, extracted material and other rolling stock.
- The two European companies have worked together on a number of projects since 2007, including ones in the Netherlands, Malaysia and Russia. Herrenknecht will now integrate TMS' specialist knowledge and engineering expertise into its group portfolio as part of a move that will allow it to further expand its range of tunnel-related technical equipment and services.
- The multi-service vehicles for heavy-duty transport produced by TMS typically have a loading capacity of 15-40 tonne, are self-propelled and are equipped with double driver cabins. They are driven by powerful diesel engines with an integrated particle filter (exhaust emission standard EPA 3 Tier3). The power is transmitted by steered drive shafts. All required welding structures are made of high-strength steel.
Herrenknecht announces TMS takeover
- Around 20 engineers and specialists from TMS will bring their expert knowledge in engineering, design and vehicle assembly with them. In addition, Herrenknecht will now be able to offer its customers the supply and service of spare parts for these tunnel supply vehicles. The vehicles can be used to transport both personnel and material associated with tunnel construction and mining.
- As part of the deal TMS will be managed by Philippe Fraunhofer and Pierre-Matthieu Hieber of Herrenknecht AG.
- "TMS offers state-of-the-art products, which are indispensable for modern tunnel construction, because efficient tunnel excavation goes hand-in-hand with the ability to rely on efficient transport systems in the background," said Gebhard Lehmann, Vice Chairman of Herrenknecht AG's Board of Management.
- "As a full-service provider in tunnel construction we are now able to offer our customers an even broader range of additional equipment as integrated solutions," he added.
Herrenknecht buys pressure pump manufacturer - TunnelTalk, May 2011
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.