COMPANY NEWS Godwin Pumps moves under Xylem umbrella Jan 2012
Xylem News Release
- Godwin Pumps of America has changed its name to Xylem Dewatering Solutions.
- The move is effective from January 1. Michael Bakhos, Xylem President, said: "Godwin will remain the brand name for the Dri-Prime series of pumps. The change in company name reflects our continued efforts to provide customers a broader product range from a growing branch footprint."
- He added: "Our commitment is to build on this foundation and keep growing the offering of Dri-Prime pumps and Flygt submersible pumps, as well as launching new products and services."
- Launched in 2011 from the spinoff of the water-related businesses of ITT Corporation, Xylem has its headquarters in White Plains, New York, and has 12,000 employees worldwide and annual revenues of US$3.2 billion.
- Godwin, which is now a brand of Xylem, maintains a fleet of more than 6,000 portable rental pumps and 3,200 pieces of related equipment for use in dewatering in construction, mining and quarrying; in drinking water supply; and in wastewater bypasses.
Range of Godwin Dri-Prime pumps
- The Godwin Dri-Prime pump features fully automatic self-priming to 28ft (8.5m), dry-running and solids-handling capabilities, and is complemented by a wide range and variety of hydraulic submersible Heidra pumps, Flygt electric submersible pumps for construction and mine dewatering, and gasoline-powered Wet-Prime pumps. Godwin also offers customized sales and service training to distributors.
- ITT Corporation acquired the privately-owned Godwin Pumps in 2010, in a deal worth $585 million, as part of a strategy to expand its international position in the water, wastewater and industrial process market.
- Godwin to join Flygt and Gindex in ITT - TunnelTalk, July 2010
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.