COMPANY NEWS Global success for formwork specialist 24 June 2014
CBE News Release
- CBE announces recent contract wins for supply of 256 moulds for tunnelling projects in Saudi Arabia, China, Mexico, India, Hong Kong, Iran and Singapore.
- Among the new projects are four subway lines – in Singapore, Jaipur, Wuhan and Riyadh. Tunnel diameters range from 6m for the Chinese metro line in the city of Wuhan, 6m for Singapore, 6.35m for the Jaipur Metro, up to 9.4m for the Riyadh Metro. A total of 152 moulds will be supplied by the France-based steel mould and concrete segment specialist to these four projects alone. Segments for the Riyadh and Wuhan metro projects are to be produced by CBE carousel factories.
CBE specialises in production of steel segment moulds
- Additionally, CBE is to supply six sets of segment moulds and a carousel precast plant to Consorcio Aldesem/Recsa/Proaconfor, the joint venture contractor for construction of the Emisor Poniente 2, a storm water drainage tunnel in Mexico. The 5.5km tunnel, with an i.d. of 7.7m, will have the capacity to handle 202m3/s and will run parallel to the existing drainage tunnel in the west of Mexico Valley, helping to reduce the risk of flooding in the Atizapán de Zaragoza, Tlalnepantla and Naucalpan municipalities.
- Another water scheme, the Kani Sib Water Tunnel in the Iranian province of Kurdistan, will be supplied by CBE with seven sets of moulds and a stationary precast plant. The precast concrete rings will have an o.d. of 6m, a thickness of 250mm and a width of 1.5m. Each ring will comprise three standard, two counter-key and one key-stone.
- Four more sets of moulds with an o.d. of 13.6m are to be shipped to the Liantang-Heung Yuen Wai Boundary Control Point project in Hong Kong for construction of a bidirectional two-lane trunk road.
- The CBE Group, which has a presence in 40 countries and an export ratio of almost 95% of its total €25 million annual turnover, recently announced contract wins to supply the Anacostia River tunnel in Washington DC and the new subway extension in Rennes, France. It also supplied segment moulds for the world record 17.48m diameter Alaskan Way Viaduct Replacement tunnel in Seattle, USA.
Double contract win for CBE – TunnelTalk, March 2014
Seattle prepares for mega-TBM assembly – TunnelTalk, May 2013
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.