COMPANY NEWS Combined expertise for the USA market 24 Jun 2013
- Design engineering and construction and project management services are the two specific disciplines that are brought together by a new joint venture agreement between Delcan of Canada and Geodata of Italy to serve the North American tunneling market. Announced officially at the RETC conference in Washington DC this week (22 June 2013), the new joint venture will offer a comprehensive design and management service to major project owners.
Rick Staples (left) and Piergiorgio Grasso (right) announce the Delcan-Geodata joint venture
- With strong coverage of the North American market and offices in principal regions across Canada and the United States, Delcanhas teamed with civil geo-engineering and tunnel design consultancy Geodata undertake a comprehensive suite of services for tunnel and underground infrastructure projects in North America. These include the high speed rail project in California, on which Geodata has already had involvement; large water transfer and wastewater management projects in major urban areas; and a set of underground metro and highway tunnels that are in the planning phases.
- Both companies have extensive experience and an impressive track record of projects in their portfolios that, when combined, presents a formidable force.
- Geodata has a presence in more than 25 countries and has designed and supervised the construction of more than 2,500 projects worldwide.
- Delcan is celebrating 60 years of service, providing a broad range of integrated systems and infrastructure solutions within the rail and transit, roads and highways, structures, and water, markets.
- Delcan Geodata is well positioned to carry out the development, evaluation, preliminary and final design, and project and construction management of tunnels and related underground infrastructure for transit, transportation, sewer and water, mining, power and other related industries.
- "We are very excited to announce this joint venture of Delcan and Geodata, which brings together specialized expertise to better serve clients in the tunneling and underground infrastructure industry," said Joanne McCall, Delcan Division Vice President. "Through the collaboration we can offer a wide scope of value added services to meet the growing needs of our clients."
- For more information contact Rick Staples at Delcan on +1 905 943 0500 and at email@example.com
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.