COMPANY NEWS Collaborating for sprayed concrete innovation 09 Apr 2013
BASF/Atlas Copco News Release
- Innovative concrete spraying solutions for the underground environment are the development goals of joint forces Atlas Copco Underground Rock Excavation Division and BASF Construction Chemicals.
- A cooperative agreement has been signed following the acquisition by Atlas Copco of concrete manufacturer Meyco Equipment from BASF in December last year (2012). That acquisition was finalised on 3 April (2013).
- "The cooperation will focus on the development of innovative concrete spraying solutions with high product performance and availability, to satisfy our customer needs," said Bob Fassl, President of Atlas Copco Mining and Rock Excavation Business Area. "We are very pleased to be able to announce this exciting cooperative venture with BASF."
- "BASF's expert knowledge in chemical solutions for sprayed concrete together with Atlas Copco's global expertise in underground tunnelling equipment will drive the optimisation of sprayed concrete application," said Daniel Ruckstuhl, Vice President and head of BASF's Global Underground Construction business.
BASF-Atlas Copco collaboration to deliver concrete spraying innovation
- He added: "The cooperation between the two market leaders creates a globally unmatched partnership to further develop sprayed concrete chemistry and equipment technology. This joint effort is formed to enable high performance solutions supporting safety and cost and time efficiency in underground construction projects. We are pleased to announce this cooperation and look forward to working together."
- Joint research and development from Atlas Copco and BASF will help enforce Meyco's leading position as it continues to spearhead development of sustainable sprayed concrete technologies and applications.
- Switzerland-based Meyco Equipment invented the first gunite machine operating according to the rotor principle: the Meyco GM, and later the Meyco Piccola. Since then it has successfully launched several new technologies and has carved out a strong international market position.
- Through Meyco, Atlas Copco's Underground Rock Excavation Division will provide a unique package of technology, equipment and application expertise to the market.
BASF sells Meyco division to Atlas Copco - TunnelTalk, December 2012
Concrete contribution to Gotthard project - TunnelTalk, October 2010
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.