BTS screens live debate via webinar Dec 2012
- Wherever you are in the world the power of the web enables you to join the British Tunnelling Society December debate.
Previous BTS webinar
- Four speakers will examine key issues on the topic: "This House believes that UK projects are overstaffed and overspecified."
- You can watch proceedings on your computer screen, as they happen, live from the BTS December meeting at the Institution of Civil Engineers in Westminster, London. You can also view all PowerPoint slides that are used as part of each speaker's presentation.
- Speaking for the motion are tunnelling consultant David Fawcett and Skanska UK Director David Blackburn. Speaking against are former ITA President Martin Knights (Halcrow) and CH2M-Hill Deputy Project Manager Roger Mitchell.
- The debate will be held using Parliamentary rules: 12 minutes for each speaker followed by 20 minutes in which the debate will be open to the floor and finally a five minute summing up from both sides.
Martin Knights speaks against
- A final vote will then be taken.
- Proceedings begin at 6pm GMT today (13 December, 2012), and you can join by using the following link: http://ice.adobeconnect.com/bts13dec/
- For those that are unable to participate live, a further link to a recording will be made available on the BTS website at a later date.
- Recordings are also available of previous BTS presentations Design of Openings in Tunnels and Shafts and Fire in Tunnels Under Construction
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.