Top newsmaker award for Paul Rizzo Feb 2011
Rizzo News Release
Dr Paul Rizzo, a top newsmaker
- Turning a dam's failure into an innovative success has earned Paul Rizzo a place among the top 25 newsmakers in the USA for 2010. Selected annually by editors of the New York-based Engineering News-Record (ENR), the newsmakers are chosen for their innovations and achievements, for giving back to the industry and the public, and for going beyond the duties of their day-to-day jobs.
- When the Taum Sauk Upper Reservoir dam failed in 2005, the project owner, Ameren Missouri, tapped Rizzo to lead the charge as the engineer-of-record and primary failure investigator for the rebuild. RIZZO, along with Ozark Constructors and Ameren Missouri, rebuilt the dam using roller compacted concrete (RCC). Taum Sauk is currently the largest RCC dam in the Western Hemisphere.
- All 25 Newsmakers will be honored at a black-tie gala in New York City on April 7, where the winner of ENR's highest honor, the Award of Excellence, will be announced.
- Visit the ENR website to know more about others in the list of Top 25 Newmakers for 2010.
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.